HomeCryptocurrencyPepe price prediction: What is Pepe (PEPE)?

Pepe price prediction: What is Pepe (PEPE)?

A new frog memecoin has been making leaps since it launched just days ago. But just what is Pepe coin?

Let’s examine some of the latest Pepe price predictions that are being made as of 20 April 2023 – warts and all.

Pepe explained

You might think that, with so many memecoins on the crypto market, there would be little point in releasing another one. But Pepe’s creators say they are here to ‘make memecoins great again’ – complete with a Donald Trump hat. In their words, they became ‘tired of watching everyone play hot potato with the endless derivative ShibaCumGMElonKishuTurboAssFlokiMoon Inu coins’. 

Pepe adds: ‘The Inu’s have had their day. It’s time for the most recognizable meme in the world to take his reign as king of the memes.’

‘Launched stealth with no presale, zero taxes, LP burnt and contract renounced, $PEPE is a coin for the people, forever.’

Pepe coin has no whitepaper and includes a disclaimer at the end of its landing page to point out that it is ‘completely useless and for entertainment purposes only’. A bit like Trump himself then.

In term of tokenomics, PEPE has a self-reported supply of 420,690,000,000,000, according to CoinMarketCap, with a market cap of $114,525,552As of 20 April 2023, it ranked at number at 2,605 on the list of top cryptos and was trading at $0.0000003295 at the time of writing – up 7.6% in the past 24 hours. 

According to its website, 93.1% of the tokens were sent to the liquidity pool with remaining 6.9% for CEX listings. It’s available to buy on Uniswap and OKX. 

Pepe price history

Well it’s only been a few days – four to be exact. According to data from CoinMarketCap, PEPE was trading at $0.0000000578 at the start of 17 April before dipping 52% to $0.00000002764 just a few hours later. The following day it began steadily rising to $0.0000002185 – a whopping 690%. It fell again to $0.0000001401 on 19 April before making another leap-frog jump to $0.0000003526. 

However, it slipped down to $0.000000224 the same day, and at the time of writing, PEPE was trading at $0.0000003295. All in all, a very large profit for those who were quick enough to buy and sell.

Pepe price prediction

So what are the latest PEPE coin price predictions being made as of today, 20 April 2023? 

A Pepe price prediction from CoinArbitrageBot thinks that the PEPE coin could trade at $0.0000002581 in 2023 before increasing 135.90% to $0.0000006315 in 2024. It went on to make a PEPE price prediction for 2025 of $0.000001108 – an increase of 313.90%. For 2028, it believes PEPE coin could increase further to reach $0.000001535.

Meanwhile, CryptoPredictions had a PEPE price prediction for 2023 that suggested it could close the year at $0.00000034, before moving to $0.000000397446131 in 2024. By the close of 2025, the site argued the crypto could be worth $0.000000422053795.

A PEPE price prediction for 2030 comes from Telegaon who believe the Pepe coin price will average $0.0000268 that year, and before jumping to $0.0023 in 2040.

Conclusion: Frogetaboutit?

Whether Pepe coin is a frog or a prince is for you to decide. As always, with all crypto – remember to do your own research before investing. 

What is Pepe coin?

Pepe coin is new frog memecoin that was launched on 16 April 2023.

How to buy Pepe coin?

Pepe coin is available to buy on Uniswap and OKX. 

How much is Pepe coin worth?

At the time of writing on 20 April 2023, Pepe was trading at $0.0000003295.

Joanna
Joanna
Jo is an experienced Head of News with an eye for spotting the latest key trends in the market and jumping on them. She has previously worked in New York and London as Editor for two crypto exchanges where she managed large teams of writers covering every aspect of the digital asset space. She has also added feathers to her cap with senior editorial roles at the Financial Times and News UK, which has equipped her with the nous to steer a newsroom through the constantly changing world of crypto. With her passion for breaking news, together with a well-connected network of industry contacts, she is perfectly placed to push the buttons at the helm of the CoinNews headline desk.

Most Read News