CoinNews.com is committed to protecting the privacy and personal data of our users in compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the Data Protection Act 2018.
- Lawful Basis for Processing Personal Data
We collect and process personal data on the following lawful bases:
- Consent: We obtain consent from users to collect and process their personal data for specific purposes, such as sending newsletters or conducting surveys.
- Legitimate interests: We collect and process personal data that is necessary for the legitimate interests of our business, such as analyzing how users interact with our website to improve our services.
- Personal Data We Collect and Process
We collect and process the following types of personal data:
- Contact information: We collect users’ names and email addresses to send newsletters and other communications.
- Usage information: We collect information about how users interact with our website, such as the pages they visit and the links they click.
- Device information: We collect information about the device users use to access our website, including the type of device, the operating system, and the browser.
- Retention of Personal Data
We retain users’ personal data only for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected and processed. When personal data is no longer necessary, we securely delete or anonymize it.
- User Rights
Under the GDPR, users have the following rights with respect to their personal data:
- The right to access their personal data and obtain a copy of it
- The right to rectify inaccurate personal data
- The right to request the erasure of their personal data
- The right to restrict the processing of their personal data
- The right to object to the processing of their personal data
- The right to data portability
- Data Security
We implement appropriate technical and organizational measures to ensure the security of users’ personal data, including encryption and access controls.
CoinNews.com uses remarketing services to advertise on third-party websites to users who have previously visited our website. We use remarketing services provided by Google AdWords and Facebook Pixel.
- How Remarketing Works
When a user visits our website, a cookie is placed on their device by Google AdWords or Facebook Pixel. This cookie enables us to show ads to the user on third-party websites that are part of the Google Display Network or Facebook Audience Network. The ads may be shown to the user based on their interests, as determined by their activity on our website.
- Opting Out of Remarketing
Users can opt out of Google AdWords remarketing by visiting the Ads Preferences Manager or by downloading the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on. Users can opt out of Facebook Pixel remarketing by adjusting their Facebook Ad Preferences.
- Data Retention
The cookies placed by Google AdWords and Facebook Pixel are retained for up to 180 days.
- Data Collected
Google AdWords and Facebook Pixel do not collect any personal data from users. However, they may collect non-personally identifiable information, such as the user’s IP address and the pages they visit on our website.
- Data Sharing
We do not share any personal data with Google AdWords or Facebook Pixel. However, we may share non-personally identifiable information with them to facilitate the remarketing service.
- Changes to this Policy
We may update this remarketing policy from time to time. If we make significant changes to this policy, we will notify users by posting a notice on our website.
If you have any questions or concerns about our GDPR or remarketing policies, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.